FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tanya Mitchell
Brain Training Company Shares Tips on
Building S.M.A.R.T. Brain Skills
LearningRx offers advice on strengthening
cognitive skills for 2016
(Colorado Springs, CO), January 15, 2016 – National brain training company LearningRx is sharing tips on how to build your brain skills in 2016 using the S.M.A.R.T. approach.
Using Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-related goals, it’s possible for anyone to work on their cognitive skills—such as memory, auditory and visual processing, logic & reasoning, attention, and processing speed. Some of the recommendations from LearningRx include:
- One-on-one brain training, which incorporates immediate feedback, intensity, loading, and other features to target cognitive skills.
- Mental games that you can play at home, at the store or in the car, such as Needle in a Haystack, 20 Questions, Mental Tic Tac Toe, etc.
- Adding time constraints to everyday mental tasks, such as paying bills, with a stopwatch.
- Losing the list: using mnemonics to remember your grocery list and other items.
- Adding distractions: seeking out interruptions while you read or write to build attention skills.
- Mental math: keeping a running total of your grocery bill in your head as you add items to the cart.
- Regular exercise, good nutrition, social interaction, quality sleep, and learning something new.
“Many people focus on New Year’s resolutions for weight loss, financial freedom, or career goals,” says Tanya Mitchell, Vice President of Research & Development for LearningRx (www.learningrx.com) and coauthor of “Unlock the Einstein Inside” (www.unlocktheeinsteininside.com). “We’re encouraging people to apply those same methods and guidelines to target their cognitive skills in 2016.”
To learn more about LearningRx’s recommendations, call (719)-264-8808 or visit www.learningrx.com.
LearningRx, headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is the largest one-on-one brain training organization in the world. With 80 Centers in the U.S., and locations in 40 countries around the globe, LearningRx has helped more than 95,000 individuals and families sharpen their cognitive skills to help them think faster, learn easier, and perform better. Their on-site programs partner every client with a personal brain trainer to keep clients engaged, accountable, and on-task—a key advantage over online-only brain exercises. Their pioneering methods have been used in clinical settings for 35 years and have been verified as beneficial in peer-reviewed research papers and journals. To learn more about LearningRx research results, programs, and their 9.6 out of 10 client satisfaction rating visit http://www.learningrx.com/.
# # #