LearningRx – Brain Training – One-on-One Brain Training Company Reviews
Ways Parents Can Protect Young Athletes from Concussions or Their Effects
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO – One-on-one brain training company LearningRx (www.LearningRx.com) is sharing tips with parents to help them protect their young athletes from concussions, or minimize their effects.
- Check the condition of your child’s protective gear (helmet shells and cages for football, lacrosse, and hockey) and make sure it fits properly.
- Ensure that your child’s coach is aware of—and following—the safest practices for suspected concussions (such as a required waiting period before putting a player back in the game).
- Make sure the team’s athletic trainer has a cordless screwdriver on hand during games to remove a helmet’s face mask if there’s a possible spine injury.
- Encourage your school to create or enforce rules regarding concussions. In 2010, Massachusetts enacted a rule that requires high school and middle school athletes with a suspected head injury or concussion to be removed from the game (or practice) for the entire day. They can’t return until they receive written medical authorization, and everyone (coaches, trainers, parent volunteers — even marching band directors) must participate in annual concussion training.
- Talk with your young athlete about the risks associated with concussions—especially repeated head injuries. Explain how to identify the symptoms and discuss their options to sit out during practice or a game, even if the coach doesn’t require it.
LearningRx, headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is the largest one-on-one brain training organization in the world. With 80 centers in the U.S., and locations in 40 countries around the globe, LearningRx has helped more than 95,000 individuals and families sharpen their cognitive skills to help them think faster, learn easier, and perform better. Their on-site programs partner every client with a personal brain trainer to keep clients engaged, accountable, and on-task — a key advantage over online-only brain exercises. Their pioneering methods have been used in clinical settings for 35 years and have been verified as beneficial in peer-reviewed research papers and journals. To learn more about LearningRx research results, programs, and their 9.6 out of 10 client satisfaction rating visit http://www.learningrx.com/.