January is National Book Blitz Month
LearningRx – Brain Training – One-on-One Brain Training Company Reviews
10 Ways to Help Your Child Learn to Love Reading
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO – As part of National Book Blitz Month, personal brain training company LearningRx is offering 10 ways to help your child learn to love reading.
- Read to them. According to Reading Is Fundamental (www.rif.org), reading aloud to even very young children helps them develop language and listening skills and prepares them to understand the written word.
- Designate “no technology” time. Most child development experts would likely encourage parents to limit screen time and how better to spend those extra hours than with a good book?
- Strengthen their core cognitive skills. Research shows that most reading struggles are due to weak cognitive skills. In children and teens with dyslexia, those skills are often phonemic awareness and auditory processing. Consider having your child’s cognitive skills assessed and then trained. Read more about how personal brain training can help: (www.LearningRx.com)
- Give bookstore gift certificates. Kids love to choose their own books!
- Take them to the library. In addition to free books, most libraries have children’s hour where a staff member reads to them or they can meet the author.
- Encourage their writing. Writing and reading are reflections of each other in terms of building skills and a love of words. A child who loves to write will likely also love to read.
- Reward them for milestones. When a child reads his first book on his own or finishes an entire series, celebrate in grand fashion.
- Make sure they’re reading at the right level. Librarians are trained to help you find books to match your child’s reading skill level, so let them help. If you choose a book that’s too easy, your child may get bored; too hard and they may give up.
- Choose books on topics they love. Does your son love dinosaurs? Does your daughter love animals? Ask the librarian to recommend books on those topics.
- Read with them. Curl up on the couch side by side with some hot cocoa and your own books and enjoy the silence of reading to yourself—but with someone else!
LearningRx, headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is the largest one-on-one brain training organization in the world. With 80 Centers in the U.S., and locations in 40 countries around the globe, LearningRx has helped more than 95,000 individuals and families sharpen their cognitive skills to help them think faster, learn easier, and perform better. Their on-site programs partner every client with a personal brain trainer to keep clients engaged, accountable, and on-task — a key advantage over online-only brain exercises. Their pioneering methods have been used in clinical settings for 35 years and have been verified as beneficial in peer-reviewed research papers and journals. To learn more about LearningRx research results, programs, and their 9.6 out of 10 client satisfaction rating visit http://www.learningrx.com/.