FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tanya Mitchell
Brain Training Company Shares Tips for Brain Awareness Week
LearningRx offers advice on maintaining your brain for 2016
(Colorado Springs, CO), March 1, 2016 – In honor of Brain Awareness Week, held March 14-20, national brain training company LearningRx is sharing tips on how to maintain your brain. Tips include:
- Exercise regularly. New studies show that obesity can affect your thinking skills.
- Feed your brain. Proper nutrition isn’t just for your waistline. Unhealthy foods can create “brain fog” while healthy foods—like salmon, sardines, nuts, avocados, and blueberries—can help keep your brain sharp.
- Get quality sleep. While lack of sleep is an obvious detriment to attention and memory skills, poor sleep quality—caused by issues like sleep apnea—can cause more long-lasting problems.
- Enroll in personal brain training. Unlike digital brain games, one-on-one brain training is done face-to-face with a trainer, and uses customized exercises and incorporates immediate feedback, intensity, and loading, among other features, to target brain skills.
- Get social. There’s mounting evidence that social interaction is good for maintaining the brain into our later years.
- Learn something new. Forget the “old dog, new trick” adage. Studies show that even in our senior years, learning a new language, skill, or hobby can help keep our brains active.
To learn more about LearningRx’s recommendations, visit www.learningrx.com
LearningRx, headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is the largest one-on-one brain training organization in the world. With 80 Centers in the U.S., and locations in 40 countries around the globe, LearningRx has helped more than 95,000 individuals and families sharpen their cognitive skills to help them think faster, learn easier, and perform better. Their on-site programs partner every client with a personal brain trainer to keep clients engaged, accountable, and on-task—a key advantage over online-only brain exercises. Their pioneering methods have been used in clinical settings for 35 years and have been verified as beneficial in peer-reviewed research papers and journals. To learn more about LearningRx research results, programs, and their 9.6 out of 10 client satisfaction rating visit http://www.learningrx.com/.
# # #